The goal of this page is to make it easy to figure out what kind of projects you have time to do. Therefore, they're sorted by estimated time-taken. This was also discussed in node 14000.
For general discussion not related to these projects or this list, please use Mozilla Community:Chat.
These projects should take less than 5-10 minutes to complete. Some involve input (such as the download.com review) but most involve using already-created materials to Spread Firefox.
- Download.com feedback (download.com page)
- Leave feedback for Firefox at download.com to help encourage others to try Firefox!
- Rate The Fox! (ratethefox.funpic.de)
- Rate the Fox lets you upload a screenshot of your Firefox and rate the others. This little game shows everybody, how many possibilities Firefox offers and it is fun to watch them all. A related Forum is also avaliable on the site.
- Firefox Support Petitions (List of Petitions on SFX)
- Sign these online petitions urging various websites to support Firefox! Takes only a minute yet will help make the 'Fox work on even more websites.
- Firemonger (Firemonger.org)
- The Firemonger project is dedicated to providing an easy to use CD which contains the latest versions of Firefox and Thunderbird.
- Five Minute Challenge - IE Edition (website)
- A complement to the Five Minute Challenge (see below). A revolutionary article that explains security flaws and problems in Internet Explorer and how it costs YOU in 5 minutes or less.
- Five Minute Challenge (website)
- A flyer intended to guide a potential user through the biggest and best features of Firefox in 5 minutes or less.
- Mozilla Materials
- A set of materials projects providing all sorts of wallpapers, banners, and flyers useful for spreading firefox.
- Spreading Firefox Guidebook
- A short guidebook to aid your quest to Spread Firefox
- Standardized Letters
- A set of letters usable for convincing an official of sorts (net admin, city official) to make Firefox the standard for the organization.
- These teams involve installing a simple program on your computer and joining a team, which allows the program to process data in coordination with many other computers to achieve a greater goal. This is easy in that all you have to do to participate is setup a program and let it run.
The following may take up to an hour or more to complete.
- College Representatives
- A community led revival of the abandoned College Reps program. Still in preliminary stages.
- Mambo Spread Firefox
- A theme for Mambo to mimic the Spread Firefox site, useful for setting up a local version of Spread Firefox.
- Mosaic image (upload screenshots)
- A project to combine many screenshots of websites in Firefox to create a mosaic resembling the Firefox logo
- Stats Tracking
- A project to track statistics across various websites to determine trends in Firefox usage in various markets.
- Firefox flash banners
- A project to create attractive, ready to use, animated banners (top-horizontal, side-vertical etc.) of standard size, in flash.
- Sponsor for Firefox
- A project to get companies to sponsor Firefox. Email a company about sponsoring Firefox.
- Media Response
- A project of writing letters to correct inaccurate press reports or depictions of Firefox in the media.
- Spread Firefox via. skinning by doing Firefox based skins for programs like Winamp, WindowsBlinds or any other program.